If you or someone you know has been affected by the government shutdown, we're here to help. During the 2013 government shutdown, over 600 Congressional Federal members got Furlough Relief loans totaling greater than $1.5 million. Take advantage of our many relief programs and resources:
- Relief Line of Credit
If you are experiencing a furlough from your current employer or not receiving pay while working during the government shutdown, the Relief Line of Credit is designed to help you. It has an initial rate of 0.00% APR* during the 60 day draw period; thereafter, the rate is 4.00% APR* on the remaining balance for 36 fixed equal monthly payments.
- Personal Loans
Take control of your finances by switching your high-interest rate loan to an affordable personal loan. Rates are as low as 6.99% APR* and you’ll have no payments for up to 60 days.**
- Line-of-credit limit increases
We may be able to increase the credit limits on your existing Congressional Federal line of credit. Contact us for more information.
- Payment deferment on existing loans
Members may be able to defer a payment on their existing Congressional Federal loans and credit card balances without affecting their credit rating.
- Quick delivery of credit cards, debit cards, and checks
- Waiving early certificate withdrawal penalties
- Suspension of Automatic Payments, Transfers, and DBOs
- Financial Coaching
As a member of Congressional Federal, you have access to free one-on-one BALANCE financial coaching. The financial counselors can help build your budgeting skills, create financial plans, discuss your credit report and ways to alleviate debt. Click for more information on BALANCE.
For more information on our Relief Line of Credit or any of our assistance programs, contact our Member Service Representatives at 800-491-2328 or stop by one of our branch locations.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. A $4,000 remaining balance at 4.00% APR for 36 months would have a monthly payment of $119. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Not all applicants will qualify for the maximum loan amount. Not applicable for existing personal loan refinances. Contact us for details.
** Interest will begin to accrue on day of disbursement.