How to Join
Welcome to Congressional Federal!
With recent changes in the economy, having membership with a credit union is a smart decision. Not only do credit unions offer competitive rates on loans and savings products, but we also provide solutions to help you accomplish your financial dreams. Membership is just a click away. Simply follow the steps below to get started.
- Check if you qualify. You are immediately eligible to join if you qualify for membership in one of three ways:
- If you work for the U.S. House of Representatives OR
- If you are an employee with one of our 100+ Select Employee Groups (SEGs). Members and students of SEGs may qualify as well. Click here for a listing of SEGs. OR
- If you are a family member of an existing member. Family members are defined as spouses, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, parents, step-parents, grandparents, grandchildren, and those persons living in the same household and maintaining a single economic unit. Please be sure to indicate family member eligibility on your application.
- Establish membership with $5 share account. Please click here and complete an application. You may also open your account at any one of our branches. Please include your $5.00 deposit to establish membership.
- Activate membership, open other accounts. Once your savings account has been established, you can visit any branch to open additional services or call us at 703.934.8300 or 800.491.2328. Make the switch to Congressional Federal today!
If you would like to offer our financial products and services to your employees, fill out our Select Employee Group Information Form
and we will contact you.