Consolidate Your Federal and Private Student Loans*
At Congressional Federal we understand managing your student loans is not your top priority. That is why we want you to focus on your career and not your education loans. With our student loan consolidation program, you can combine your federal and private student loans into one easy payment with a lower interest rate. Building a brighter future starts with our easy four-step process: apply online, get instant decision, customize your loan, and get funded. Learn more about the terms and conditions related to refinancing your student loans.*
Refinance your Student Loan
- No application or origination fees
- Make one loan payment, instead of several
- Discount for making automatic (ACH) payments
- Choose the option that best fits your situation
- Co-signer release after 12 months of on-time, interest and principal payments, when requested
The Smart Option Student Loan®1
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Congressional Federal by Sallie Mae® is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions. Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or apply, get started here
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing even more flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialist
Before proceeding with a consolidation loan, you need to carefully consider those benefits and options that do not transfer to the CFCU private consolidation loan.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE REFINANCING OF YOUR FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS WITH A CFCU PRIVATE STUDENT LOAN CONSOLIDATION: Please be aware that you may potentially lose certain benefits associated with your federal student loans with a private student loan consolidation. Benefits that may be lost include favorable repayment options, low and fixed interest rates, extended loan terms, and loan forgiveness. Additionally, certain employers may provide supplemental payments or subsidies on federal student loans as a benefit of employment and these payments may be ineligible if the loan is refinanced into a private student loan consolidation. We strongly advise that you seek professional advice and examine your benefits and options before refinancing your federal loans. It is important to us that you are comfortable with potentially forfeiting benefits that may not be offered through our consolidation loan.
1We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.