Congressional Federal members who are at least 62 years old are invited to open a Congressional Independence Account. This FREE account offers specials on a variety of products and services. You can take advantage of all of these options on each account where you are the primary member.
Congressional Independence accountholders receive:
- FREE box of Congressional Federal checks (1 box per year)
- FREE check safekeeping with check copies at no charge
- FREE telephone transfers
- FREE statement copies
- FREE cashier’s checks
- Dividends on every dollar in your money market account
- No minimum balance requirements
- Even higher dividends on balances over $25,000
To open an account: New members, click the Join Us button to the left. Existing members, visit a branch or contact member services at 703-934-8300.
Additional Security: Register to receive Visa® Alerts for your CFCU Debit Card
Fraud Alerts: Register to receive automated real-time fraud alerts for your CFCU Visa Debit Card
Congressional Independence Savings Account Rates & Terms
* Congressional Independence Checking Account is available to members 62 and older. No minimum is needed to open this account.