Congressional Federal offers a complete list of services to fit your needs.
Cashiers Checks. Cashiers Checks are available at all branches. You can also use our Online Banking and Teller 24 services to request that Cashiers Checks (payable to you) be mailed to you.
Notary Services. Notary services are available at all branches. Notary services are free for Congressional Federal members.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Safe deposit boxes are available at our Oakton branch for Congressional Federal members who have direct deposit or a balance of $2,000 or more in any combination of Credit Union accounts. Safe deposit boxes are available in a variety of sizes for the annual fees shown below.
- 3x5 $36
- 5x5 $48
- 3x10 $60
- 5x10 $84
- 10x10 $120
Night Deposit Boxes
For your convenience, we have Night Deposit Boxes located outside our Capitol, Longworth, Ford and Oakton branches. If you are not able to visit one of our branches during normal business hours, you may use the Express Deposit Box to make a deposit to your account. Deposits made after hours are posted the following business day.
Domestic & Foreign Outgoing Wires
- To be processed the same day, all domestic and international wires must be received and verified by 2:30 PM EST, Monday-Friday
- Fees: $25 for domestic outgoing wires; $45 for international or foreign outgoing wires
- International wires are sent in U.S. dollars
How to Send an Outgoing Wire. To send a domestic or foreign outgoing wire, you must complete a Wire Form, available at all Congressional Federal branches or by calling us. Please have the below information available to complete the Wire Form. Please be sure to verify the transfer instructions with the person receiving the wire
- The name of the institution the funds will be wired to
- The institution’s city, state, and telephone number
- The institution’s ABA routing number
- Name of the account holder at the receiving institution
- The account number the funds will be credited to
Domestic and Foreign Incoming Wires
How to Arrange for an Incoming Wire
- Allows other institutions to transfer money directly to your Congressional Federal account
- Congressional Federal does not charge for incoming wires; however, the sender’s financial institution may charge a transfer fee
. Contact the institution that will be transferring funds to your Congressional Federal account and review their wire procedures. Below is the information that the other institution will need to complete the transfer:
Domestic Incoming Wire Information
Congressional Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 23267, Washington, D.C. 20026-3267
ABA Routing Number:
Your Name and Congressional Federal Account Number
Foreign Wire Instructions
In order to receive an international wire transfer, you will need to provide the following information to the sending financial institution:
- Member’s Name as titled on Congressional FCU account
- Account number to which the funds should be credited
- Congressional Federal Credit Union Routing/ABA Number (254074345)
- P.O. Box 23267 Washington, DC 20026-3267
Members need to instruct the sending financial institution to use a corresponding bank to facilitate the transfer to your account as Congressional can only receive U.S. currency.