If you or someone in your family has been affected by a natural disaster and its aftermath, Congressional Federal is here to help. We recognize that natural disasters could cause undue hardship and personal financial stress. We offer a variety of Disaster Relief Programs to help you get back on your feet.
Congressional Federal Credit Union Assistance Programs
- Payment deferment on existing loans
As you recover from the impact of a natural disaster, we may be able to defer payments on your existing Congressional Federal loans and credit card balances. Contact us to discuss your current payments.
- Line-of-credit limit increases
We may be able to increase the credit limits on your existing Congressional Federal line of credit. Contact us for more information
- Waiving penalties for early share certificate withdrawal
If you need to access funds in a share certificate, we will waive any early withdrawal penalties.
- Suspension of Automatic Payments, Transfers, and DBOs
Upon your request, we will suspend any automatic activities in your accounts
- Relief Line of Credit
Designed for members who have been impacted by natural disasters, the Relief Line of Credit has an initial rate of 0.00% APR* during the 60 day draw period. Thereafter, the rate is 4.00% APR* on the remaining balance for 36 fixed equal monthly payments.
- Personal Loans
Take control of your finances by switching your high-interest rate loan to an affordable personal loan. Rates are as low as 7.49% APR* and you’ll have no payments for up to 60 days.**
- Financing Coaching
As a member of Congressional Federal, you have access to free one-on-one financial coaching. The financial counselors can help build your budgeting skills, create financial plans, discuss your credit report and ways to alleviate debt. Click for more information.
For more information on our Disaster Line of Credit or any of our relief programs, contact our Member Service Representatives at 800-491-2328 or stop by one of our branch locations
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Not all applicants will qualify for the maximum loan amount. Not applicable for existing personal loan refinances. Contact us for details.